Room was filthy and certainly didn't demonstrate the "enhanced cleanliness measures" described
- cigarette butt on floor of room
- used ice-cream sticks and empty sugar sachets on couch
- thick dust and grime
- freeze box in minifridge not usable due to ice
- many, many live and dead insects in cups and glasses, in toaster and under everything
- personal lubricant and clothing from previous guests under bed
Did not match the description for apartment advertised
- much smaller than 25m2 (maybe 15m2)
- did not have a full sized fridge/freezer
- did not have own washer/dryer (public laundry only)
- "free" wifi had very small limits before payment
- Jesmond Executive Villas' own website states room had workstation and office chair which it did not
Poor communication and resolution
- 3 trips to reception and 2 emails sent. No reply to either of the emails. 1st visit to reception they promised a cleaner would come to thoroughly clean room and they would arrange a different room to match the description, but upon return to our room that day they had only made bed and left new towels (still cigarette butt on floor, icecream sticks, insects, dust, etc). 2nd visit to reception resulted in a cleaner to come while we were there, also offered a room change. 3rd visit to reception we were told unable to change rooms due to current bookings, may be able to the next night. Reception closed and no contact after this.
After 7 nights we left and never intend to return.